Vehicle and Props Design / Pre-Production

18/04/2023 - 30/05/2023 (Week 3 - Week 9)
Reagan Val Adelbert Mahadi / 0349177
Vehicle and Props Design / Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
Pre-Production


INSTRUCTIONS



Pre-Production

For this project, we are required to create vehicles from land, water, and air. We are also told to choose an existing world and create the vehicle according to the world that we have chosen. I chose Star Wars for this module. Before I started making the silhouettes, I first surfed the internet to find some references and make the proposal.


Fig. 1.1 Proposal

After finishing the proposal and finding references, I started on making silhouettes for the 3 types of vehicles.


Fig. 1.2 Silhouettes of 3 Vehicles

I decided to pick number 6 for my air vehicle and number 8 for my land vehicle. I picked out different silhouettes for the water vehicle and combined the parts that they have into one silhouette for my final water silhouette. So from the silhouette, I drew the outlines and finalized them.


Fig. 1.3 Progressing and Finalizing Vehicles

Final Submission


Fig. 2.1 Pre-Production



FEEDBACK

Week 4
Make 10 silhouettes for each vehicle. Make the proposal and present it next week.

Week 5
Finish the sketches and pick 1 that is chosen. Create a proposal/mood board and put the color palette in.

Week 7
Draw a silhouette of a person for scaling. Be careful when making more lines, highlight the key areas to make it look more cool, and try to not add too much because it can be too dizzy. Explore more and choose the key areas then look at the details. Do more details. 


REFLECTIONS

This module is quite challenging for me as I am not really familiar when it comes to drawing vehicles. I have to keep on looking for references so that I know what kind of details I have to add to my vehicle because right now it kind of lacks details. These kinds of drawings are new to me so I have to keep up quickly so that I won't get left in trouble.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project / Monster Hunter Concept Art

Minor Project / Tenang

Game Art / Art Bible