Vehicle and Props Design / Production

30/05/2023 - 04/07/2023 (Week 9 - Week 14)
Reagan Val Adelbert Mahadi / 0349177
Vehicle and Props Design / Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
Production


INSTRUCTIONS



Production

For this project, we ought to pick one of our vehicles and create an interior concept for it. I will be choosing the plane and will be making the cockpit design. Before making the cockpit sketches, I discover references on the internet first.


Fig. 1.1 References

After getting references, I started sketching the cockpits in different angles and also added values to them.


Fig. 1.2 Sketch and Values

After finishing them, I proceed on coloring one of the shots


Fig. 1.3 Colored shot

After getting feedback, I have to change my shot entirely and make a new draft. So I created the value and color version of it.


Fig. 1.4 Value Shot


Fig. 1.5 Colored Shot

After getting more feedback, I had to make some changes to the draft and add more elements to it so it looked more interesting and cool. I finalized the work and ready for submission.

Final Submission


Fig. 2.1 Production


FEEDBACK

Week 10
Add value paint to the interior design and use software to help on angles.

Week 12
Enhance the drawing. Look at the interior from the exterior. Add more details and define how many depts are in there. Clear out the middle part and find which one is transparent. Don't draw the drawing flat and add depth. The work is missing with depths and try to push a little bit where we can see the seats. 

Week 13
Add drop shadow, the middle part is too empty. Make the bars bigger and make the screen curve facing the driver.


REFLECTIONS

This project was quite harder than the previous one because again, I am not familiar with vehicle drawing and I am trying to keep on looking at references so I can get more ideas on how to make the drawing and concept more interesting and make sense. It was quite a hard project as my work doesn't seem like it expects Mr. Kannan's expectations. I hope I can get better at drawing the interior parts of vehicles by making many mistakes and I hope I get to learn more from it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project / Monster Hunter Concept Art

Minor Project / Tenang

Game Art / Art Bible