Design Research Dissertation / Draft Dissertation

28/08/2023 - 09/09/2023 (Week 1 - Week 7)
Reagan Val Adelbert Mahadi / 0349177
Design Research Dissertation / Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
Draft Dissertation


INSTRUCTIONS



Draft Dissertation

For this assignment, we are told to create and start out dissertation which has multiple sections that are stated in the OMR. So, I started my dissertation and followed up the instructions to write it up. We are also supposed to create our literature review matrix for this assignment.


Fig. 1 Literature review matrix

After finishing up with the literature review matrix, I started on making my draft.

Draft Dissertation


Fig. 2 Draft dissertation


FEEDBACK

Week 1
No feedback

Week 2
Enhance the weekly progression sheet
Look back to the primary research done
Fix the hierarchy of the subtopics

Week 3
Fix the in-text citation
Add more to the literature review section

Week 4
Make the opening for research methodology longer

Week 5
Explain the goal of each question in the email interview

Week 6
No feedback

Week 7
No feedback


REFLECTIONS

Week 1
I had to recall the past articles again, but I remembered that I highlighted the important parts so I didn't have to spend so much time recalling them. I decided to add more articles so I tried to find more articles so that I could support my dissertation better with more information and sources.

Week 2
Writing the literature review was very time-consuming and I was making slow progress and it was quite difficult for me to do this. I had to recall the articles 1 by 1 and it was quite hard and annoying. I was working pretty slowly and I still need to fully finish it.

Week 3
During the research methodology section, I only had to analyze the previous research method that I had done so I would say that this section is much much more lighter than the previous one.

Week 4
This week’s task is not so heavy as it only revolves around the findings of the primary research methods done, so it's not that heavy in my opinion. But I can't manage my time well this time around. I hope I can do it better in the future so that I won't carry out more tasks later.

Week 5
I still can't manage my time well, so I ended up not finishing most of it.

Week 6
This week, I finalized the previous parts that haven’t been done and did some of the conclusions and project recommendations. It was a rough week because I was also dealing with other assignments that I had to do. This week has been quite rough since most of the assignments started to appear around this week.

Week 7
This week, I finalized most of the parts. Checking the grammar, the format, and input the references and images. I hope what I did on the draft was sufficient enough since I mostly could not really handle the time management for this module and the others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project / Monster Hunter Concept Art

Minor Project / Tenang

Game Art / Art Bible